Sunday, July 25, 2010

the city of heat.

I think i can finally understand why in almost every movie about new york people talk about the heat. It really occupies you and dramatically changes how you structure you life here. I thought my semi-tropical upbringing has trained to get used to this heat. But no. Not with so many cranky people in the streets and no where to sit in a coffee shop. I'm just glad that L and i finally found an apartment. I'm excited to go to IKEA and be the biggest lesbo ever planning on the interior design. Living in someone else's living room and worrying about the bad bugs epidemic in the city is really not fun. We eat japanese foods almost every day in the east village. I feel beyond normal to be a fob here because there are always more tourists than fobs. I just wonder where the lesbians are? Lower east side is full of hipster gay boys but haven't seen any dykes so far. Met some cool folks from q-wave today at this cute taiwanese tea place. That might be a good start.

1 comment:

  1. what was that above??
    happy u found ur spot! get it ready for our visit:) make it a nice home -- we are trying to make ours nice here...like a real home home you know! not a meeting machine!

    ReplyDelete