Thursday, December 10, 2009

[day 1] 34 minutes before arriving in taiwan.

I stare at this little monitor in front of me showing the location of the plane above the dark blue dark green symbols of the earth- i can't wait to touch the ground and find the fastest way to reach your voice. My excitement of coming home this time hasn't increased through the length of the flight. 12 hours passed. The reality of being away from you has entirely overwhelmed me more than anything. I know I've done this before, so many times already. But I don't know why it's so hard this time. I miss your sleepy face. It's hard to say overly romantic things to you- maybe it's because our relationship is so simple and genuine that it's raw. We don't need anything overly dramatic to sustain us. I just want you to always hold my hand, like how you do when you drive, solid. And I'll know that you're taking us to the right place. I never have to doubt. Without you I am easily lost, like now staring at this little LCD screen trying to figure out how far this flight has gone by. I wish you were here to guide it.

1 comment:

  1. you are so wonderful and sweet. i miss you so much already

    ReplyDelete