Wednesday, February 10, 2010

bottom up mind shift

Since 2010, there are a few significant changes in my life:

1. My relationship with my family, especially my mom, has drastically changed. I still can't comprehend what CONCRETELY that looks like. But i already feel the warmth and openness from both her and myself. I feel like I am finally not running away from them anymore.

2. I believe that revolution is necessary in order to change the lives of the oppressed. What I mean by revolution is a class struggle from below. Yes, social service is important, but it cannot change the structural violence that causes many of us to end up there for support in the first place. Yes, workshops are good. But you can only raise awareness and educate people to a certain extent. Folks don't learn through being what to do or what not to do by others. Folks learn through fighting for our own living.

3. I have an awesome partner who supports all of these things I believe in not only emotionally but physically. This has freed me from the myth that i need to have a middle class lifestyle in order to live happily in my life. I cannot verbalize what a radical change it really is in my mind. But it really is. Love after all is really almost spiritual in a way. It's not about what kind of house we will be living in or what kind party we will throw. I feel secure, content, and excited about what we have and what's gonna come in the near future.

4 comments:

  1. I love 2010 already just from this. I love you my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats really sweet of you all! :) i think korean bbq can definitely make this year better, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel so lucky to have such a resilient, smart and passionate girlfriend who appreciates what we have and knows how to make me so completely happy. love you!

    ReplyDelete