Tuesday, February 2, 2010

FUCK I AM TOTALLY OUT TO MY FAMILY

And I'm still alive. My mom is still alive. No one killed anyone. It went fine.

10 years of fear and agony are suddenly resolved in a 10 minute conversation. I think we were all dying to talk about this. The hardest part was to overcome my own guilt and defensiveness. I meant to communicate with them but I was just too afraid. Too afraid that I have built up my defense walls for so long that they could not open me up anymore. But I decided that it was the time for me to change my relationship with my mom. I know if I didn't do it then I probably would not do it for another 10 years. She said, you are an adult now, and whatever you choose to do, it's your own responsibility. That's exactly what I wanted to hear from her.

One more layer of homophobia is torn apart, in my personal life at least. Just wait to see how much energy I have now to fight against the rest.

1 comment: